I suggest you ...

Entity Model Designer

Create entity model designer to model first entities in Entity Framework like designer. Also add feature to import existing database schema into designer.

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Peter ŠulekPeter Šulek shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DmitryDmitry commented  · 

Implemeting UI Designer tool will deface 'code first' idea at all. Particulary knowing your approach to peoples.

• SevernSevern commented  · 

Two-way approach:
        It would be great to have 2 possibilities:
        - Convert diagram to C# code
        - Convert C# code to diagram
        In this case we get a great instrument for analyst and programmer co-working.
        Analyst can any time get a up-to-date model as diagram; programmer can get code from diagram.
        A complex thing can be generation code in case when there are code modifications made by programmer after code-generation from model.

• SevernSevern commented  · 

Alias Names:
        It would be suitable to have not only Name for every Type/Property, but also Alias - readable name.
        Alias may be Russian (national) name, it may be formulated in several words.
        Diagrams should can show 3 variants: Names, Aliases, Both.

• Peter ŠulekPeter Šulek commented  · 

Work is already started by 3rd party solution - DataObjects.Net Entity Model Designer ( http://doemd.codeplex.com )
        Here you can download alpha version of tool and also add feature requests to the tool you want.

Feedback and Knowledge Base